Welcome to Chester-le-Street Amateur Rowing Club (CLSARC), a friendly and welcoming club based on the River Wear in Chester-le-Street. We are a British Rowing affiliated community club, open to all ages and abilities, and we offer a variety of rowing activities for everyone to enjoy.
Rowing has taken place on the Wear at CLSARC for over 100 years where generations of families have pulled together in all weathers, enjoying the social and competitive aspects of the sport. Over the years we have had a lot of success, but after some difficult years we are now building for the future.
We are based next to the Riverside Sports Complex, and offer excellent facilities for rowing, both on and off the water. We also have a dedicated team of coaches who are passionate about helping people of all ages and abilities to learn to row.
If you’re interested in rowing, why not come and visit CLSARC? We’d love to see you!
We offer a variety of rowing activities for everyone to enjoy, including:
- Learn to Row: We offer a variety of learn to row courses for adults and children, from complete beginners to experienced rowers.
- Club Rowing: We have a thriving club rowing program for members of all ages and abilities.
- Competitive Rowing: We have a competitive rowing program for members who want to compete at a regional and national level.
- Social Rowing: We offer a variety of social rowing events, including socials, barbecues, and trips away.
CLSARC is a friendly and welcoming club, and we are proud of our strong community spirit. We are always looking for new members to join our club, and we offer a variety of ways to get involved, including:
- Volunteering: We are always looking for volunteers to help out with a variety of tasks, such as coaching, fundraising, and administration.
- Social Events: We have a variety of social events throughout the year, such as socials, barbecues, and trips away.
- Competitions: We compete in a variety of rowing competitions, both locally and nationally.